Paid TEFL Teaching placements in Thailand
Do you want to experience life in Thailand, learn new skills and earn money at the same time?
Then our 4 Week TEFL course followed by a teaching job guarantee in Thailand is just for you!
Your 4 Week 120 hour TEFL course
The 1st part of your trip is to complete a 4 week TEFL course in Thailand.
After arriving in Thailand you will join up to 20 other participants on a 120 hour TEFL course. This is taught over 4 weeks, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
Doing the course in Thailand gives you a month to settle into Thai life, learn about the culture, explore the local area and make some friends before thinking about your paid teaching.
Completing your TEFL course will equip you with the know how and enthusiasm to leave the training centre and start work in a paid teaching job in Thailand. Next step…our job guarantee to help you start teaching!
Your paid Teaching placement in Thailand
Worried about finding a paid teaching job in Thailand? Don’t be. Our paid teaching programme in Thailand includes a job guarantee after completing the 120 hour TEFL course.
This gives you the certainty of earning on average at least 28,500 Thai Baht (£640 / €730) per month. That’s more than enough to cover all your costs plus pay for onward travel or return home with savings.
Our job guarantee helps you arrange paid teaching work with local organisations including formal Thai schools (kindergarten, primary, secondary schools), colleges or universities, private language schools, freelance teaching or online teaching. You can tell us if you have a preference for the type of organisation and location (mainly in northern Thailand).
Your normal working day at formal Thai schools will start early, around 7.30am and normally finish by 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. Expect to teach between 18 to 22 lessons of 50 to 60 minutes each. Teaching schedules are more flexible for language schools, freelance teaching or online teaching.
Got a question? Contact us now!
Who can join our Paid TEFL teaching placements in Thailand?
Our Thailand paid teaching placements are open to people who meet the following requirements.
- Be an English native speaker or have language proficiency equivalent to at least IELTS Band 7.
- Hold a passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or the USA.
- Be a university graduate and hold a recognised bachelor’s degree.
- Be between 21 and 50 years old.
- Be adaptable to new and unpredictable situations.
- Be of good character and possess a friendly, patient and flexible personality.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer.
- Be available for 5 months or more.
Want to check your eligibility? Send us your CV now. We’ll reply within 24 hours.
When can you start a Paid TEFL Teaching placement?
We have 1 start date every month. Your paid teaching experience begins afterwards.
You can choose which of the following TEFL courses to join:
- 5 March – 30 March 2018
- 16 April – 11 May 2018
- 21 May – 15 June 2018
- 25 June – 20 July 2018
- 30 July – 24 August 2018
- 27 August – 21 September 2018
- 24 September – 19 October 2018
- 22 October – 16 November 2018
- 26 November – 21 December 2018
Ready to join us? Complete our online registration form now!
More about the 120 hour TEFL course in Thailand
You will cover a lot during the course:
– Teaching Inputs: These are the individual classroom skills an EFL teacher needs in order to be an effective EFL teacher. Each skill is looked at individually in separate practical-skills development workshops.
– Grammar Inputs: These inputs develop awareness of language and structure. They also show how to teach structure, language ideas and context to non-native speaking students.
– All course materials
– Six 1-hour observed teaching practicums with real students at a range of levels and ages in local real schools (during school holidays in March, April and October we use Thai teachers and holiday camp participants as students)
– Cultural awareness training (1 day)
– Survival Thai language instruction (10 hours)
– Thai Ministry of Education accreditation
– ISO 9001 certification ensures world-wide programme recognition
– Approved Center of Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), which in turn is recognized by the UK Government Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
Orientations & Staff support
You will be met on arrival in Chiang Mai, when you land in Thailand. Whatever day or time your flight lands you will find us waiting for you holding a sign with your name!
You will get lots of information about the local area and we’ll brief you about cultural differences, especially those which could affect your new work life. You be introduced to your TEFL instructors and other interns on the same 4 week TEFL course.
We’ll help you adjust to life in a very different (but incredibly exciting!) culture. This helps ensure you have an enjoyable and worthwhile trip.
Our staff will frequently contact you to check on your progress and are on hand 24/7 for emergencies. If you join as part of your degree we will also communicate directly with your university Placement Office when necessary.
What you pay for
We charge a £195 registration fee to ensure your commitment to the programme and a placement fee of £1,195. Your salary will cover these costs in just over 2 months.
For our Thailand paid TEFL teaching programme your costs are detailed below:
Costs before you leave home:
- Flights £500 (estimated average)
- Visa £50
- Insurance £100
Costs in Thailand:
- Accommodation for 1st 4 weeks £250
- Visa extension after 3 months £200
- Accommodation & food during paid teaching placement £170 / month
Total costs for 6 months: £3,515 and 12 months: £4,365.
- £640 (TBH 28,500) per month during the paid teaching job
- Expected total salary for 6 months: £3,840 and 12 months: £7,680
Overall we expect you to make a surplus of around £325 for 6 months and £3,315 for 12 months.
We have hospitality placements available at some of the world’s most prestigious hotels.
“I wanted to personally thank you for all the help you've given me the last few months, and for allowing me to have this fantastic opportunity.”
Jason Billam - Plymouth University
"Thank you very much for everything, you found the internship I really wanted."
Gabriela Arevalo, Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS)
“I arrived at the Sheraton hotel and there are no words to describe how amazing this place is and how well they treat me. I hope my work here makes up for the good treatment I get!”
Alex Smarsch - Oxford Brookes University
"I would really like to thank you for being so involved in finding my internship. It was a great thing to discover your program."
Marko Djukic - Switzerland
“I have always wanted to travel with my work, and experience different cultures and lifestyles. China is now a place with so much to offer due to its phenomenal growth in the last few decades.”
Jason Billam - Plymouth University